Low Carb, GF Coconut Sesame Short Bread
RECIPE: Jeri’s Low Carb, GF Coconut Sesame Shortbread
2 cups blanched almond flour
¼ cup maple sugar
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 cup finely shredded UNSWEETENED coconut
1 cup white sesame seeds
½ butter cup (1 stick) (or coconut oil)
2 Jumbo eggs
½ teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
¼ teaspoon powdered ginger
IN a FOOD Processor add the almond flour, sugar, salt, ginger and baking powder then pulse till well combined.
Add the coconut then pulse till combined.
Then add the sesame seeds and pulse till all the dry ingredients are well combined.
Melt the butter then pour it into the dry ingredients and pulse till well mixed.
IN A SMALL BOWL whisk together the eggs, vanilla and almond extract then pour into the food processor and pulse until a dough forms.
Turn the dough onto a plate.
- Divide the dough in half (I use a food scale, but then I’m a little OCD )
- Roll each half between two pieces of parchment paper till the size of a cookie sheet. Remove the top piece of parchment then, using a sharp knife, cut into 1½ inch squares
- Place the cut cookies still on the bottom parchment onto a cookie sheet
- Repeat with the second half of the dough
- I ended up with 9 the long way by 6 squares the short way for a total of 54 cookies per sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 8-11 minutes. These cookies are a bit delicate so watch them carefully the first time
- These will be thin, crisp and a bit crumbly like a good short bread.
Can’t decide which way I like them better. I think which ever one I am tasting at the moment is my favoriteJ
|GRAMS||Protein|| Total |
| 3 squares- |
based on 54 squares